Monday, January 11, 2010

Shades of Grey: The Road to High Saffron (Shades of Grey, #1) Shades of Grey: The Road to High Saffron by Jasper Fforde


My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Shades of Grey is set in a post-apocolyptic future where most the remaining humans can only see individual colours,and most are completely colourblind. The society has now become a colourtocracy, with the colourblind on the bottom of the pile, the main protagonist is a Red named Eddie Russet, and we follow his journey as he comes to east carmine and meets a revolutionary named Jane Grey and her retrouseé nose. It took me a little while to get into the swing of this book,I got a little bit bogged down in the soap opera of daily life in the colourtocracy. But the elements that I enjoy so much in Mr. Fforde writing soon come to the fore, the humour, the lack of spoons, the madness of the rules, the mystery of the "something that happened" and all the future tech lying around in the ruins soon got me hooked, I stayed up til 4am last night to finish off this book. So to sum up if you like his previous books then this one won't disappoint you.

View all my reviews >>

No comments:

Post a Comment